Canadian Immigrants and Citizens Network

Home        About Us        Oh Canada!        Why Canada         Awards        Affiliated Programs

Apply Immigration:        Australia        Canada        New Zealand        United Kingdom        United States


Immigration to Canada (Family Sponsorship)


Your relatives can sponsor you to live, study and work in Canada and become permanent residents of Canada if they are at least 18 years old and a Canadian citizen or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident of Canada.


If your sponsor sponsor you to come to Canada as a permanent resident, your sponsor must support you financially when you arrive, be able to meet basic needs for themselves and you, such as food, shelter, clothing, and make sure you do not need social assistance. You must sign an agreement saying you will make the effort to support yourselves. This includes your dependent children 18 or older. Dependent children under 19 do not have to sign such an agreement.


Sponsorship does not apply to someone who is inadmissible to Canada. To find out who can be sponsored, please press here.




Your One-stop Immigration Site.

This website is for information only and we do not provide accounting, legal, tax or any other professional advice. To the best of our knowledge, all information on this site is accurate at the time published. However, we are not responsible or liable in any manner in respect of the results of any action taken or not taken in reliance upon information in this website and our consultations.


Copyright © Canadian Immigrants and Citizens Network