Canadian Immigrants and Citizens Network

Home        About Us        Oh Canada!        Why Canada         Awards        Affiliated Programs

Apply Immigration:        Australia        Canada        New Zealand        United Kingdom        United States


Immigration to the United Kingdom (Skilled Worker Visa)


A Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer. This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa.


To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office of the UK, have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK, do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations and be paid a minimum salary (how much depends on the type of work you do). The specific eligibility depends on your job.


You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.


Please press here for more information.


Your One-stop Immigration Site.

This website is for information only and we do not provide accounting, legal, tax or any other professional advice. To the best of our knowledge, all information on this site is accurate at the time published. However, we are not responsible or liable in any manner in respect of the results of any action taken or not taken in reliance upon information in this website and our consultations.


Copyright © Canadian Immigrants and Citizens Network